OK – fascinating shift this week. Course production is moving right along. Almost distractive. Still, a muse surfaced one night in the middle of this…
“Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts – and we are never the same.” ~ Flavia Weedn
Total subs: 2462
Heritage subs: 63
IF subs: 2270
New IF API subs: 9
New Non-IF API subs: 0
Webform subs: 6
Veterans – 331
Inactive – 26
Still dwindling. Need to ramp up promotion to get subscribers from other areas. Still busy with other stuff (courses).
Book Sales: Back to usual. Peak from lockdown user sales back to usual range.
Fiction Books In Progress:
- all on hold – see below…
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Also on hold…
Courses in Progress:
- NEW: Author Freedom Guide (in beta – upgrading)
- NEW: Backwards Book Publishing (in beta – upgrading)
- NEW: Get Your Self Scam Free (back into beta – upgrading/moving)
- Becoming a Wealthy Writer – overall program (pre-alpha)
- NEW: Writing Non Fiction (alpha)
- “PMA: Science of Success” (now in beta)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- And some more that I already recorded for podcasts – will probably move to BAWW…
Boy, this course-building scene is almost addictive.
I’ve got a lot to do in turning all these successful books into courses. Starting by weighing the simplest with most profitable.
One great point was creating a new, updated edition of a popular non-fiction marketing book. That one got a fake DMCA complaint and -only- Amazon suppressed it. The first edition sold well everywhere else. So this new edition is selling well there – for now.
Best time to get the course going.
BUT – I have some others to do as well. Still, it’s moving to a front burner.
Meanwhile, the organic opt-in’s still continue to come in. While the IF subs continue to unsubscribe and dwindle slowly.
Until I start advertising on Bookbub, I don’t see any alternative to IF/PW (that’s Instafreebie/Prolific Works).
Is IF/PW doing anything useful?
I looked for recent/any news about IF/PW to see if their name change announcement really resulted in anything. It turns out – no. Nothing happened other than that short, aborted attempt at crowd-funding.
Funny, though, is their “pitch sheet”:
Developer of an online publishing platform intended to accelerate stories and big ideas. The company’s platform offers authors to gain visibility, promote their work, and increase their following, enabling authors to engage with current fans and with the right readers to focus on writing. (https://pitchbook.com/profiles/company/54388-45#overview)
In short – what a joke. They have one service and that’s mostly useless for audience-building after a year. According to my own tests. (Of course, you then have to do stringent “list hygiene” to remove the non-participators.)
However, mostly useless is still so much cheaper than anyone else in this business of free giveaways. And those 4% ( of over 10,0000 opt-in’s – questionable statistics as they are) are still on my list, afterall.
Meanwhile: Course Production Progress
Two courses updated this week – and a couple of other posts added through my tests. Actually, with their TTS, this can add a great deal of text into video. So this speeds up data production – as the hours I need to use in recording and editing my own voice can be put off or eliminated. (Put off means – beta version.)
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Publish two classics in series – Yup
- Continue cranking through courses – current: “Backwards Book Publishing” – Yup
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails
- Publish classic and anthology in series
- Continue cranking through courses – current: “Backwards Book Publishing”