Back on schedule. New fiction out this week – looking forward to another new fiction and then back to updating courses. Lots of great work ahead…
“Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I’ll give you a man who will make history Give me a man with no goals and I’ll give you a stock clerk.” ~ J .C. Penny
Total Subscribers – 2533
Heritage Subscribers – 68
Veteran Subs – 358
IF Subscribers – 2351
New IF subs – 33
New Non-IF subs – 1
Webform Subs – 3
Inactive – 40
Still dwindling. Need to ramp up promotion to get subscribers from other areas.
Book Sales: Back to usual. Higher with the scamdemic scare.
Fiction Books In Progress:
- “Their Eyes” characters to establish: Felicity, Augie -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five (Augie is next – this coming week.)
- Corona-Xi series and anthology – way back-burner now.
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four needs villain established.
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Get Everything You Want Out of Life Anthology – ebook only (see below).
- PMA Science of Success Introduction – revision
- PMA Science of Success Complete Lessons
- Why Leftists Fail with Violence
- A Parody Outline of History (Parody/Satire – actually fiction)
- A book of talks by George Washington Carver
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (now in beta)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Common-Sense Marketing That Works – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- How to Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
- And some more that I already recorded for podcasts…
Oddly, subscribers are starting to stabilize. I’ve pushed back the 90-day no-open circuit to give them more slack.
Most of the work I’ve done these last two weeks were in farm work and renovations. Cow in trouble birthing took a day out of things. (And see how much you feel like working on writing books after you’ve spent several hours knee deep in pond mud while you work to get her pulled out. Bad hip was why she was staying there – and tried to get back. Then another couple hours at the vet getting that deceased calf out of her so she’d live. Hot weather didn’t help. Good news is the cow is starting her mending. Once her hip is better, then she’ll be back with the herd.
Published an old classic that explains the current riots. Call them organized crime and you’d be closer to the truth. Their tactics haven’t changed in literally centuries. Too funny when you contrast this with PMA: Science of Success. Humankind hasn’t changed much.
Payments came through on schedule this month. Probably the last mention I’ll make of these. Their use is very limited to only author+70 PD work, and my fiction is covered elsewhere. Almost dead-to-me at this point. But while I’m getting sales from their weird distribution, I’m letting those books ride. Particularly since sales from replacement books haven’t taken off – yet.
But I’m letting those ride for now as I need to get onto promoting PMA:SOS.
Original Fiction on Pause
Working out that grid in my mind. Which is the biggest area I can find to play in.
Villains for the three main books in the upcoming Hooman Saga series predict what the prequels have to set up. That’s what these fiction stories are – set-ups for their related upcoming series. One more for Book Three, three or four for Book Four, and two more that I know of for Book Five.
Copyblogger’s founder is so full of himself. And he thinks he’s got this copywriting stuff figured out by his copy/paste social references writing style. But he isn’t clear. Because he hasn’t really gotten core principles and patterns/systems worked out. His life is copy/paste. Just a little more successful than others. But a blip in history.
My own promotion has to be clear on this point. There is a sequence I need to publish, which is taking up where Backwards Book Publishing left off. Write-podcast-video-course is still the same. Leverage everything. So writing blog posts goes on Medium as well. Those blog posts become podcasts, which then get distributed through RSS feeds everywhere possible. (Amazon and Google are getting into podcasts now, so…) Those podcasts run 50 weekly episodes and then repeat indefinitely. So that means writing only evergreen content. That audio and any graphics then become video lessons. You promote as you write the mini-courses/modules which then build out into the full course. No, no one else is doing this.
On PMA:SOS, I’ve finally gotten behind a system I can push forward. But I’ll also update it as needed. Because the sequence needs evolving. Nap Hill said to go ahead and update it. They are all natural principles, after all.
Meanwhile, Classic Publishing Continues
I’ll still be pushing out Golden Age Space Opera Tales until I run out of authors on Gutenberg to republish. I found a cute little SF-romance novelette to republish (next week) and this brings a solution on what to do with their full novels: Golden Age Space Opera Novels. Keep updating their backmatter with lists. So I can get these pumping out. StreetLib will takes these most places. Missing out on Amazon isn’t much of a loss, considering the hoops I have to jump with PD on that platform. The plan is to publish two books every week, in addition to whatever fiction I can publish.
Pointing to Next Year’s Challenge
This all does still point out the reason to double-down on Pulizzi’s Content Inc. To see what I’m not applying that I should be in order to get the results I want.
The passions I have are to write fiction weekly, but also to produce the courses that align most of what I’m doing (except the ag work) to a real system people can use – and a working “funnel” I can promote.
When I do get to agwork, then I’ll have a proved system to drop my original content into, as well as making courses for the existing books that are selling well.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Late, but yup
- Write the next short fiction – Nope
- Publish one each of PD SF and Mysteries – Yup
- Any “other” time – produce courses (PMA:SOS Intro) – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails
- Write the next short fiction
- Publish one each of PD SF and Mysteries
- Any “other” time – produce courses (PMA:SOS Intro)
- Set up blog/podcast/lesson pattern