Way behind with distractions. Nothing like getting involved in a great story, plus the normal farm work demands, plus a renovation ongoing…
“In times of change, learners will inherit the earth – while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.” ~ Eric Hoffer
Total Subscribers – 2538
Heritage Subscribers – 69
Veteran Subs – 370
IF Subscribers – 2366
New IF subs – 17
New Non-IF subs – 0
Webform Subs – 7
Inactive – 17
Still dwindling. Need to ramp up promotion to get subscribers from other areas. See note below on Instafreebie.
Book Sales:Lulu’s payments finally showed up. More held yet, for some reason – probably they haven’t gotten paid.
- Poul Anderson: Golden Age Space Opera Tales
- 11 Possible Cases
Fiction Books In Progress:
- “Their Eyes” characters to establish: Felicity, Marc, Augie -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five (Marcus currently in progress.)
- Corona-Xi series and anthology – way back-burner now.
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four needs villain established.
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Get Everything You Want Out of Life Anthology
- PMA Science of Success Introduction – revision
- PMA Science of Success Complete Lessons
- Why Leftists Fail with Violence
- A Parody Outline of History (Parody/Satire – actually fiction)
- A book of talks by George Washington Carver
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (now in beta)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Common-Sense Marketing That Works – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- How to Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
- And some more that I already recorded for podcasts…
Working on fencing and a very engaging TV series – 4 flawed genius characters and a consistent thriller plot each week. Nice homework, but bad productivity.
No work on that grid about villains and hero’s. Schedule shot, even into this week. (Sigh.)
No work in this area – really distracted. Really – and still, as I write this.
Add to this – reviewing Pulizzi’s and Copyblogger’s content. I’ll refer to last week’s note to pick this up again.
Main scene is dwindling subscribers – which is where the site opt-in’s aren’t ramping up while IF/PW is going down.
Needed is to do a new study on IF/PW opt-ins. This is approaching the point that their monthly fee isn’t worth anything. Because their list isn’t really growing. And I refuse to write erotica in order to get subscribers to my mystery/fantasy stories – as well as non-fiction.
I’ve been riding this fiction-subscriber monster for too long, which has distracted from real opt-in’s via backmatter and site form opt-in’s. Like some sort of addiction.
Key point is also to get onto the courses, wrapping up SOS Intro and onto the writing courses. And meanwhile, keep writing my fiction. All on schedule
(Soon) goes back to:
- Mon-Tues – write and publish a short story.
- Wed-Fri – Work on courses (Thurs auction.)
- Sat – syndicate (new PD books, etc.)
- Sun – this report and analysis. Accountability.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them. – Nope
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction – yup (some, anyway)
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.) – Yup
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.) – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them.
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.)
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.)