And now the real world impinges on my publishing schedule. Hot weather and renovations. The muses continue to haunt, though – new books, courses…
“Life has no limitations, except the ones we make.” ~ Les Brown
Total Subscribers – 2534
Heritage Subscribers – 71
Veteran Subs – 373
IF Subscribers – 2365
New IF subs – 15
New Non-IF subs – 0
Webform Subs – 4
Inactive – 16
Still dwindling. Need to ramp up promotion to get subscribers from other areas.
Book Sales: Lulu has still not un-pooched its analytics and payments. They haven’t gone under, but owe me a chunk of royalties. Request into Support…
- The Girl Who Believed Tomorrow by J. R. Kruze
- Mary Roberts Rinehart: Short Mystery Classics
- Marion Zimmer Bradley: Golden Age Space Opera Tales
Fiction Books In Progress:
- “Their Eyes” characters to establish: Felicity, Olivia, Marc, Augie -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Corona-Xi series and anthology – way back-burner now.
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four needs villain established.
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Get Everything You Want Out of Life Anthology
- PMA Science of Success Complete Lessons
- Why Leftists Fail with Violence
- A Parody Outline of History (Parody/Satire – actually fiction)
- A book of talks by George Washington Carver
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (now in beta)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Common-Sense Marketing That Works – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- How to Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
- And some more that I already recorded for podcasts…
Roofers came out and replaced half of a roof on Saturday. Meanwhile, the hot weather still doesn’t help.
Never got to that grid about villains and hero’s. But I did get a new story written. Just got back on schedule with my fiction writing. Mondays/Tuesday. Wed & Friday are courses. Thurs (especially in this heat) are winding up auction only.
With the renovations (replacing a sun-porch roof, plus getting the regular leak in our permanent roof fixed – plus the rot it caused) I haven’t been writing much, or publishing much.
Lulu meanwhile responded to my query with gobblety-gook from an internal department. When I carefully explained about the lack of sales for the offending book (last one was almost a year ago) then she responded that she was contacting accounting. Meaning – my account was forgotten during their “upgrade”. Which is being charitable.
The process with Amazon still means publishing one book at a time, since their “A. I.” will cancel your account quite quickly for anything except original, non-political fiction. So this goes very slowly.
But I’m updating the intro book on PMA: SOS with the missing chapters from the total course. That’s more priority than republishing books, oddly (especially as I know those books are still selling, even though they have my payments held up). A couple of weeks left (two chapters to go) unless I can boil these down in the next week.
Didn’t get much of anywhere with Pulizzi’s book. Did scratch around at Copyblogger’s sites (their evolution has made a mess) and distilled a few of their courses onto single text files (nice to have these skills) so I can boil them down to their core principles and patterns. (Note those two terms. That’s half of a exceptionally successful analysis system I’ve been streamlining for years.)
I do have to get into promotion. Again, this is simply turning my site into a Search Engine magnet, and working on how to get onto other sites to get their subscribers over to my list.
Yes, I could use some help with marketing. Of course, that’s bringing up that exact chapter I’m to write this week, as well as a fiction character’s story in two weeks. (This week is one which is very persistent.)
Oh – that’s another point: this Science of Success is an natural system that runs everything in this universe. If you know it, you can accomplish amazing things. It also describes how this very normal universe runs. And how the evil characters currently getting all the press are destroying themselves. Too bad they don’t read history.
Goes back to:
- Mon-Tues – write and publish a short story.
- Wed-Fri – Work on courses (Thurs auction.)
- Sat – syndicate (new PD books, etc.)
- Sun – this report and analysis. Accountability.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them. – Nope
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction – yup
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.) – Yup
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.) – Yup
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them.
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.)
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.)