And now the real world impinges on my publishing schedule. Hot weather and renovations. The muses continue to haunt, though – new books, courses…
“Good decisions come from experience – and experience comes from bad decisions.” ~ Rita Mae Brown
Total subscribers – 2556
Heritage subs – 71
IF subscribers – 2387
New IF subs – 15
New Non IF subs – 0
Webform subs – 1
Inactive – 21
Still dwindling. Need to ramp up promotion to get subscribers from other areas.
Book Sales: Lulu has still not un-pooched its analytics and payments. They haven’t gone under, but owe me a chunk of royalties. Request into Support…
- C. M. Kornbluth: Golden Age Space Opera Tales
- Marketers & Writers – Scammers & Dupes
- A Pandemic Survivor’s Omnibus II
Fiction Books In Progress:
- “Their Eyes” characters to establish: Felicity, Olivia, Marc, Augie -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Corona-Xi series and anthology – way back-burner now.
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four needs villain established.
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Get Everything You Want Out of Life Anthology
- PMA Science of Success Complete Lessons
- Why Leftists Fail with Violence
- A Parody Outline of History (Parody/Satire – actually fiction)
- A book of talks by George Washington Carver
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (now in beta)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Common-Sense Marketing That Works – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- How to Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
- And some more that I already recorded for podcasts…
Work on renovation projects is holding up writing. And the hot weather doesn’t help.
Have to pull up my notes and grid out my heros and villains for Books Three, Four, Five of the Hooman Saga. Probably crank most of this out during the winter months. Right now, I should be working on new short stories that set up those books.
But I have found a great way to re-publish classic Golden Age Space Opera. So I have a dozen more set up, plus just today found where gutenberg.org keeps their lists of author’s books in a single page (need to scrape that…)
With the renovations (replacing a sun-porch roof, plus getting the regular leak in our permanent roof fixed – plus the rot it caused) I haven’t been writing much, or publishing much.
Lulu hasn’t paid me in months, which is another byproduct of their horrible “upgrade roll-out”. As I’ve said before, I now only recommend them for, well, hardbacks.
Amazon means publishing one book at a time, since their “A. I.” will cancel your account quite quickly for anything except original, non-pollitical fiction. So this goes very slowly.
Still needing to review Pulizzi’s “Content Inc” again. And maybe pull up parallel data from Copyblogger (who has been pushing a new platform at me – when their current platform has all my data.)
Goes back to:
- Mon-Tues – write and publish a short story.
- Wed-Fri – Work on courses
- Sat – syndicate (new PD books, etc.)
- Sun – this report and analysis. Accountability.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them. – Nope
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction – Nope
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.) – Yup
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.) – Yup
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them.
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.)
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.)