Caught between writing new fiction, republishing new classic collections, republishing top sellers to Amazon, producing courses (and promoting them.) So much to do, so little time…
“Your most important work is always ahead of you, never behind you.” ~ Stephen Covey
Total Subscribers – 2631
Heritage Subs – 73
Total IF Subs – 2440
New IF Subs – 16
Non IF opt-ins – 2
Webform Subs – 5
Inactive – 41
Dwindling after a fashion but seems to have plateaued with both on-site/through-book opt-in’s and newbies through IF/PW.
Book Sales: Lulu has still not un-pooched its analytics and payments, so we’ll wait until July 15 to see if they pull finger (or go under.) On the 15th, I should see if I got any sales from Ingram and Amazon POD this month… (All the more reason to light a fire under getting those books over to Amazon.)
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Several more Golden Age Space Opera collections
- Yet another new book idea nudged me this week. (Sheesh – not exactly quiet in my mind…)
- Corona-Xi series and anthology (note slight name change)
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Get Everything You Want Out of Life Anthology
- PMA Science of Success Complete Lessons
- Why Leftists Fail with Violence
- A Parody Outline of History
- A book of talks by George Washington Carver
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (now in beta)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Common-Sense Marketing That Works – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- How to Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
- And some more that I already recorded for podcasts…
Working to get some Amazon books up, as well as keeping up with Streetlib publishing.
Spent a couple of days working up the organization of Science of Success – turns out Hill has been talking about most of these 17 elements several times in his books. “Think and Grow Rich” was a bit of an outlier. But it had enough salacious elements to make it a bestseller. The trick will be to build in that marketing and brand awareness to pitch them the final version for the course. The trick is to give them these “content upgrades” where they can read the original texts, plus all the elements that didn’t make the grade.
The sheer size of his earlier works (over 1700 pages) gives them all sorts of data to study – and the complete background of almost all he had refined for this “personal philosophy of achievement”. Meaning this has the potential of becoming a world-class, premier course and material source for goal achievement.
In addition to those great story ideas from last week, another started haunting me.
What is great is that I can now just use fiction to get across the higher ideals that no one would ever believe are true or possible.
Best of both worlds. Just have to get my schedule sorted out. Supposed to be hot days this week, spent in A/C – perfect time for it.
I still have all of my top-selling paperbacks from Lulu to re-publish on Amazon this week.
The trick with Amazon is to do these one book at a time. Not deluge them with stuff.
So that’s now an equal priority with fiction (m/l).
I’m reviewing the Pulizzi book again, and realized that “Marketing” is in what he calls Content Marketing. So there needs to be promotion – or you wind up with a bunch of “better mousetraps” in your garage, much as Thoreau did in his short life.
Of course, now I have all these earlier books to borrow from and re-publish as blog posts and podcasts. It can all now be accomplished. PMA:SOS will be tested to prove itself.
Goes back to:
- Mon-Tues – write and publish a short story.
- Wed-Fri – Work on courses
- Sat – syndicate (new PD books, etc.)
- Sun – this report and analysis. Accountability.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them. – Nope
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction – Nope
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.) – Yup
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.) – Yup
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them.
- If time permits, or inspiration strikes, write more fiction
- (Or at least publish some PD fiction collection for my followers.)
- Any “other” time might be in working on arranging courses for producing. (Like the brain-dead evenings.)