Work on republishing took most of the week. But I did get a new short non-fiction work written, a perfect length for a mini-course…
“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Total Subscribers: 2644
Heritage subs: 84
Total IF/PW subs: 2509
New IF/PW subs: 40
New non-IF subs: 0
New On site subs: 5
Total inactives: 19
Continuing work on are the hard-won subscribers that only sign up when they are good and ready. IF/PW only leaves 4% of the IF/PW subscribers after a year following regular “list hygiene”- so it’s a race for those to keep up, since the unsubscribed don’t re-opt in through their system.
Book Sales: Now three analyses way overdue, next sales analysis is June 15 for Apr sales. Probably do a short version of this, maybe not. A full week ahead.
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Corona-XI series and anthology (note slight name change)
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (pre-alpha)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Copywriting/Marketing – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
Republishing earlier books means a lot of backend work, to create the links and landing pages that are needed for each series. I’ve got several books on copywriting, ag, goal achievement, and writing. Also, a set on Huna. Each of those need bibliographies and opt-in’s – that latter requiring forms and landing pages, and giveaways. Don’t forget the redirect links and shortened links. Lots of time invested. Best part is that when you get this done for one book, that’s copied onto the other books. But each series takes a day or so.
While I’d rather be writing fiction or doing courses, I need to get these books back up to replace the sales from that other (not to be named) publisher. I need the paperback income replaced. I’m just forced to use Amazon to print and distribute the same books – something I’ve avoided due to their lousy service to authors. But they are the only ones who can distribute public domain books correctly according to the different public domain laws, at least in theory.
New Non-Fiction book
Setting out to simply write a backend content piece for the ag series (fits into the “annotated” label for Amazon PD) and it ended up being 6K words and answering a lot of questions about grazing that I’d had sitting around. Now I have a mini-course on the subject. Once I saw that, then a little reorganization set this into lessons/recordings. When I have the time, I’ll set that all up. Meanwhile, that goes into the course section. Oh, the mini-course then gets syndicated to the other mini-course platforms as promotion. Which then brings them back to the book library, etc.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: 16. Some…
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: rest of them.
- Back onto fiction writing once this republishing is done.