Major setback when dumped by a publisher. Means starting from scratch. Good opportunity: Dropping all those books that never produced anything, to concentrate on publishing non-fiction courses.
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 18 Results
“Action, to be effective, must be directed to clearly conceived ends..” ~ J. Nehru
Total Subscribers: 2703
Non-openers removed: 22
Total Non-IF API subscribers: 17
Total Instafreebie/PW: 2547
This week IF Subscribes: 87
This week Webform Subscribes:
Veteran Subscribers: 87
Again, API subscribers come mostly from IF/PW. Veterans are from other signups. Webform Subs are those coming in through this site.
What I am continuing work on are the hard-won subscribers that only sign up when they are good and ready. (We know only 4% of the IF/PW subscribers stick around for at least a year after regular “list hygiene”.)
Book Sales: Now three analyses way overdue, next sales analysis is June 15 for Apr sales. Probably do a short version of this, maybe not. A full week ahead.
- PMA Science of Success – 2 more lessons
- Emperor Oracle
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Corona-XI series and anthology (note slight name change)
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (pre-alpha)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Copywriting/Marketing – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
Big blowup at one publisher. My own fault, and the errant book that caused this never sold. Figures. So now I have to re-publish the books that have routinely getting sales and income for me. Quickly republish.
The last two Nap Hill lesson-books I finished last week, so those and my new fiction below all got published in some format this week.
For this week, I’ll be re-covering, updating, and republishing all the top-selling books I have from that publisher (more than one sale per month, average) Lost a month’s worth of sales data, I think, but I have my breakdowns for both 2018 and 2019, as well as the first quarter of 2020. These were all paperbacks. Some books sell better as ebooks on different outlets.
Any that I’ve written will get republished through D2D Print as original works (no Public Domain there) and the rest have a different workaround.
The good part about this is to narrow my focus to building out all these non-fiction books as courses. Even reviewing these PD books to write the lessons will then generate a new book I can publish through D2D. And as that errant publisher was only one outlet I use, I wasn’t completely skunked (like people who put all their beans in Amazon.) Just a bit of belt-tightening while I regroup.
It was interesting to get a boilerplate email from them with grammatical errors. Very much like Amazon. Part of their “upgrade” might be lack of personal service and using “A.I.” to do their dirty work.
Wrapped up the first in the Corona-Xi series. A big start. Middle books should be shorter, even though they are complicated.
I’ve got some more Chinese-history films coming through DVD.Netflix, so those should help my research. It’s a redemption story plot overall, so that’s a lot of retrospection (Dickens’ ghosts of past-present-future.) Still, this is interesting to build out a series this way – should be novel length by the end. Anthology will have 9 or 10 books in it. (Last book might have two stories in one, just to keep the pace going. Like “Alice in the Moon“.)
Meanwhile, I’ve quit reading the news more than a dozen or so headlines each day. That was originally for this series, but “Panic of 2020” really laid out all the technical data – and the predictions in that book are coming quite true. Just viewed “The Big Short” recently, and if you take government and the markets seriously, it’s quite sad. So the best is to stick to what you can do about your own life and helping others – that will always cheer you up as long as you are following your own bliss…
Schedule is better.
No new calves. My nurse/milk cow is very obviously getting ready. Lots of colostrum I’ll need to get from her. Hoping for a heifer. (A dairy-cross bull calf is nice, but can get pushy.)
Auction this week showed heifers higher and bull calves lower, but averaged about the same. Had a guy come up to ask if I had any more heifers – told him “next spring”.
And with this hotter weather, I’m learning to plan for the early am to get my outside work done. Lots of fencing to arrange.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research. Yup
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway. Nope
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – 3 more PMA:SOS books up. Yup
- Sat: Continue Nightingale podcast syndication – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Republish the books that routinely make me income – target: 16.