Still working on my new fiction – 15K words and climbing. 3 more Hap Hill course books. Another PD fiction – “Flying Girl” by Frank L. Baum. Lots to do…
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 17 Results
“Action, to be effective, must be directed to clearly conceived ends..” ~ J. Nehru
Total Subscribers: 2703
Non-openers removed: 22
Total Non-IF API subscribers: 17
Total Instafreebie/PW: 2547
This week IF Subscribes: 87
This week Webform Subscribes:
Veteran Subscribers: 87
Again, API subscribers come mostly from IF/PW. Veterans are from other signups. Webform Subs are those coming in through this site.
What I am continuing work on are the hard-won subscribers that only sign up when they are good and ready. (We know only 4% of the IF/PW subscribers stick around for at least a year after regular “list hygiene”.)
Book Sales: Now three analyses way overdue, next sales analysis is June 15 for Apr sales.
- PMA Science of Success – 3 more lessons
- Flying Girl – by Frank L. Baum
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Corona-XI series and anthology (note slight name change)
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- PMA: Science of Success (2 out of 17 books left, plus collection)
- Breakthrough Copywriter (update)
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (pre-alpha)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Copywriting/Marketing – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- Write Less and Profit More – pre-alpha
Yet still amazed at the Napoleon Hill Course. Got through proofing all these last books, but only released three of them. Two to go, plus the complete collection. This still is bringing huge clarity to what he said in all of his earlier books, particularly “Think and Grow Rich”. And I’m still waking up amazed that I found this neglected gem. I’ve got some preliminary work-outs to promote these – I’ll probably set out this in sections. The first four lessons are the core, according to Hill, so those then become the ‘intro’ mini-courses that are built up and promoted widely. Right now, it’s just getting them properly published.
The collection this week will give me a workbook version through Lulu that I’ll dogear, underline, highlight and so on for my own use. Wide margins, spiral binding, letter-sized pages.
With the other work, such as Breakthrough Copywriting and Eker’s Marketing course, I have the core approach to these. And will need to distill a course just for content marketers and authors. I did have a breakthrough on Content Inc – somthing he missed in his emphasis, but is caught as you start to apply his book. More on that later…
The first book in the Corona XI book is around 15K words, which is quadruple what I was putting into the Erotika Jones series books (on average), and 2 1/4 what I normally write (6K). So I’m behind on this report and now into the line-editing review of the series first book. And yes, it has a bad cliffhanger that leaves you wanting the next-in-series. Hero is trouble, etc.
This will probably be posted to Wattpad by chapter. Every time a series-book is published. Figure this will have 9 books in this series – 7 in the middle for the redemption structure, with one for the setup. The last one probably be twice as long, as the last story then segues right into the final act and validation. But, it could be split into two fairly simply. We’ll get there when I get there.
At least I substitute a public domain book for my list if I can’t get my fiction out. That goes toward my total count for the year – I send them the books I pulled as research for other books. Compiling the Golden Age/Pulp Fiction short stories has worked out nicely. I do have to update my book on “writing less and profiting more”.
Also, I realized that there is a fifth story structure – non-fiction. (Fiction has mystery, romance, adventure, redemption.) Non-fiction structure is desire, identifications, beliefs, CTA. In the old days, this was called AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action – which is a four-act model that fits fiction nicely.)
Fiction can have all five structures going on simultaneously, particularly if you’re writing parables like I do. The object is to invite people to change their beliefs and take action (like by the next in the series…)
Schedule is awry.
Cows are needing their work done. Two calves got out in the road and were a cute distraction for drivers – but skittered right back in after those drivers came up to the house to tell me they were out. So I have a lot of fencing to upgrade… Otherwise, bulls in for testing to see how fertile they are – and more tomorrow. Takes a chunk of time, as usual.
Life goes on.
Sad to hear some big-city-centric governors are keeping their states closed down for no good reason. My vet is opening up their front office this week – said their helpers will be happy not to have to go and pick up small animals from the owners cars. No change in large-animal part of their business.
My regular meat processor is now taking orders right through into Feb now. Said the year all filled up in about three weeks. (I’d gotten in earlier for one beef and was trying to beat the rush for the fall – but was too late.)
Nightingale isn’t working, since both new fiction and courses are falling into Saturday. Not my highest priority, but needs to be done at some point.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research. Yup – PD, anyway
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway. Nope
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – 3 more PMA:SOS books up. Yup
- Sat: Continue Nightingale podcast syndication – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research.
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway.
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – rest of PMA:SOS books up.
- Sat: Continue Nightingale podcast syndication or start Wattpad syndication –