Things are getting back to normal around here. Most of the panic is in the cities, afterall. 10 calves in two weeks has kept us expecting almost every day. Might have missed last week with this update. Not that I haven’t been busy…
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 16 Results
“To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” ~ Mark Twain
Total Subscribers: 2640
Non-openers removed: 110
Total Non-IF API subscribers: 16
Total IF Subscribers: 2475
This week IF Subscribes: 89
This week Webform Subscribes: 4
Veteran Subscribers: 431
Again, API subscribers come mostly from IF/PW. Veterans are from other signups. Webform Subs are those coming in through this site.
What I should be working on are the hard-won subscribers that only sign up when they are good and ready.
We know only 4% of the IF/PW subscribers stick around after a year with regular “list hygiene”.
Book Sales: Now two analyses way overdue, next sales analysis is May 15 for Apr sales.
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Corona-XI series and anthology (note slight name change)
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- PMA: Science of Success (5 out of 17 books left, plus collection)
- Breakthrough Copywriter (update)
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (pre-alpha)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Copywriting/Marketing – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
Still amazed at the Napoleon Hill Course. Even with his 1960’s writing style, the material in these lessons is earth-shaking. And brings huge clarity to what he said in all of his earlier books, particularly “Think and Grow Rich”.
I’m sure that I’ll get even more out of these as I distill them into short videos for the course and promotion.
Had to get a satire out this last week. Even though we aren’t inconvenienced that much by the Corona-virus panic, the news is quite depressing. And writing satires is a great way to make fun of it while getting a view out there.
A new book giveaway is live now – Where Women Rule!
Always an interesting time, when people ask me why I don’t accept LGBT, Erotika, or Spam Romances when I ask for Mystery and Fantasy with female main characters. Because I don’t want those readers in my lists. I don’t write romances or about alternate sexual preferences. So they’d unsubscribe. And I pay for my emails to go out to my readers. Those genres can organize their own giveaways – this one runs by my rules. Also, I don’t want to push away readers who see those covers or descriptions and click somewhere else. Just like how G-rated movies have so many viewers. ‘Nuff said.
Schedule is awry.
Schedule is always hectic in the spring. I got a pile of fence posts this last week (used, from auction) and have to build a fence this week for June. So I’m spending more time in morning and evening between the new calves, milking a 2nd-year heifer, and moving pastures. Takes away from writing and course-building.
I wanted to get the rest of the SOS lessons done this week, but Saturday was a wash with all sorts of different work exhausting me.
Life goes on.
A little lighter now that most of the country is starting to open up again – regardless of suggestions to stay shut in. Mostly a big-city problem. So I’m happy to be blessed.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research. Yup
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway. Nope
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – 2 or 3 more PMA:SOS books up. Yup
- Sat: Continue Nightingale podcast syndication – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research.
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway.
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – rest of PMA:SOS books up.
- Sat: Continue Nightingale podcast syndication –