The anti-lockdown swap can’t come too soon. But I’m not really affected – other than temporarily low beef prices. So I write and produce material. Too typical of a writer making lemonade while the warm, humid weather and sunshine start burning any residual virus away…
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 15 Results
“Effective people are not problem-minded; they’re opportunity-minded. They feed opportunities and starve problems.” ~ Stephen Covey
Instafreebie/PW: OK, let’s change this out. The bottom line, after years of testing (yes, that’s right – years) is that you get somewhere about 4% of your IF/PW subscribers remaining after a year. Still, the cost for new subscribers is so low that it’s worth it.
What I should be working on are the hard-won subscribers that only sign up when they are good and ready.
So now we’ll say here how many non-IF subscribers are arriving and sticking around. That will then cover those who are converting from IF/PW to straight opt-in’s.
Total Subscribers: 2676
Non-openers removed: 17
Total Non-IF API subscribers: 15
Total IF Subscribers: 2518
Total Heritage subscribers: 93
This week IF Subscribes: 6
This week Webform Subscribes: 3
Book Sales: Now two analyses way overdue, next sales analysis is May 15 for Apr sales.
- PMA: Science of Success – Vol 04
- PMA: Science of Success – Vol 05
- PMA: Science of Success – Vol 06
- The Beetle: A Mystery
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Corono-V series and anthology
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- PMA: Science of Success (17 books total, plus collection)
- Breakthrough Copywriter (update)
Courses in Progress:
- “PMA: Science of Success” (pre-alpha)
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Copywriting/Marketing – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
Napoleon Hill’s course is taking some time to get done, but I got a bit ahead on the rest this week – the covers are all complete now for the entire series, plus the anthology. Blurbs are coming out of the first parts of the book itself, so those are simple. Might have more than three this next week – depending on how the writing goes for this next book series.
Didn’t get to the Nightingale podcasts, as I was doing research on that next series.
All this data I have to find out about China and where it’s come from to get into its current mess. All that Communism and stuff. Like it has a philosophical virus – but I can’t tell you which is worse, particularly. It or the American virus. (Yes, of course, I’m joking.) They’re trying to “dominate” the world with their current dictocrat, and are battling the free and innovative ideas that the U. S. keeps coming up with. We don’t seem to have any of this putting Muslims in “training camps” and having “wet markets” where these SARS and things manifest. Oh, and there’s not any of this “government owns everything”.
Like all that Hong Kong has been battling straight along.
You just can see that the Communists have started making a mess out of things all over again – like right out of the “What Would Mao Do?” playbook. Killing tens of millions of their own citizens and all that. But now it’s with regular new viruses every couple of years or less. Then getting some U. N. organization to spread how dangerous it is, except it isn’t, and how we need to kill off our economy, but – well, we did that, didn’t we? But making it roar back shouldn’t be that hard. We don’t have to take as long as FDR did, though.
You can figure what has driven this story for me – and where my research has taken this. Of course, there’s a fair bit of satire in my stories, so that will even out when I get to writing. (And then maybe I can get back to some regular fantasy-mysteries…)
Meanwhile, my schedule this week is quite full. So I’d better wrap this up and get onto my fiction.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – Yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research. Yup
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway. Nope
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – 2 or 3 more PMA:SOS books up. Yup
- Sat: Continue Nightingale syndication – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – or at least research.
- Evenings: 3 promotional actions every day – somehow, someway.
- Wed-Fri: Non-fiction courses: writing/publishing – 2 or 3 more PMA:SOS books up.
- Sat: Continue Nightingale syndication –