Four fiction, one non-fiction public domain books published this week. Next up is some more PD books – to keep up my homework. Plus courses…
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 11 Results
Instafreebie/PW: 38/152 (25%) 49 no-openers moved off.
StoryOrigins: 0 – not investing
Overall Total: 2816 – slight decrease.
IF/PW subscribers remaining after a year: 1256/8762 (14%) Percentages becoming consistent.
Note: I keep these to see how IF/PW retention is trending. Continuing at 3.5% of weekly signups annually. So: 96.5% drop-off in a year if you severely prune your lists to eliminate no-openers every week.
Book Sales: Next sales analysis is Mar 15 for Feb sales. See below.
- Badge of Infamy by Lester Del Ray
- Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Corono-V series and anthology
- Book Four (01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, Anth)
- Raising Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher, The Doorbell Rings > Book Five
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Think Rich and Grow Richer (in research)
- Breakthrough Copywriter (update)
Courses in Progress:
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Copywriting/Marketing – pre-alpha
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- Think Rich and Grow Richer – pre-alpha
Resolved to simply return to weekly fiction writing (as it helps me to keep my spirits up) and then work out how to simply produce non-fiction as well as daily promotion otherwise.
Copywriting book update is coming along. Recording those five chapters will be a key editing work to wrap it up. Those recordings will then give me a course and a backend for all these books. Meanwhile, a study of Eker’s “Wealthy Marketer” course then gives me a decent model in addition to Joe Pulizzi’s “Content Inc.”
The weekly model of “if it’s __day, it’s time to do ___” is workable. Of course, I have daily farm work to do. Right now, I need to get into resetting some fence posts, as well as setting out the last of my hay bales for this spring. Grass is nearly long enough to start grazing again (mainly waiting for the average air temperature to rise.)
The breakthrough this week is that your non-fiction should be as rewarding to write as your fiction – and marketing as well. Then you love what you do and write what you love. Win-win.
Found how much work it takes to re-publish public domain books. And all the competition that waits for you. It is a very tight workout to make anything with these. Like I told my readers this last week – it’s more like a book club. The value you add is in the backmatter and the compilations.
And that’s how you build a business out of these – which is one of the hardest businesses to build.
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – nope
- Evenings: Re-queue perennial podcasts. – nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. –
- Evenings: Re-queue perennial podcasts. –
- Wed-Sat: Non-fiction writing/publishing/marketing –