Steady as she goes. Adjusting the compartmented schedule, as I wasn’t making good progress on the non-fiction courses. Still need to review Content Inc in any spare time…
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 07 Results
Instafreebie/PW: 43/207 (21%) 0 non-IF/PW, 25 no-openers moved off.
StoryOrigins: 0 – not investing
Overall Total: 2839 – slight increase.
IF/PW subscribers remaining after a year: 1329/8333 (16%) Percentages becoming consistent. Note: I keep these more to see how IF/PW retention is moving. Currently 3% of weekly signups. So: 97% drop-off in a year if you severely prune your lists to eliminate no-openers every week.
Book Sales: Next sales analysis is Mar 15 for Feb sales. See below.
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Erotika Jones (04, 05, 06, 07, 08 + anthology) -> Book Four
- Growing Up Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two (series) -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher > Book Five
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Think Rich and Grow Richer (in research)
- Breakthrough Copywriter (update)
Courses in Progress:
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Raising Gentle Cattle – pre-alpha
- Think Rich and Grow Richer – pre-alpha
Not sufficient progress on non-fiction materials. Decided to double up on fiction stories to earn some time to do these others. Five more “Erotika Jones” books to crank out, plus anthology. This will then give me three weeks to work on finishing the “Breakthrough Copywriter” course/book-update and perhaps start into the “Think Rich and Grow Richer” course/book.
Syndication to Wattpad & Medium,Syndication to Wattpad & Medium,This modifies my compartmented schedule.
To do this, I wrapped up (binge-viewed) a mystery TV series – “White Collar” so I’d have another long story arc/procedural episode series for study. I’ve found these to be more educational than reading. That follows Ray Bradbury’s approach to writing stories as if you’re filming them. He held that each paragraph was a scene. Since the 44-minute episodes are broken for ads, this provides a simple way to reinforce the short story Four Act structure. Meanwhile, also having some progress on the longer story arcs that continue in addition to the weekly procedurals.
After Erotika Jones, I have two series to write like that – Raising Felicity and Two Ghost’s Salvation. I imagine that I’ll binge-write these and then produce non-fiction courses in between.
There were some intense breakthroughs on th “Think Rich” front, but these will keep until later…
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails – yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – yup
- Wed-Fri: Copywriting course produced and online – Nope
- Sat: Syndication to Wattpad & Medium, re-queue podcasts. – Nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails –
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. –
- Evenings: Re-queue perennial podcasts. –