Fresh start means new challenges. Segmenting work by work-days is its own habit to instill. Not so good on this for last couple of years, as I’ve been fighting cultish habits…
The Great Writing Audience Challenge – Week 03 Results
Instafreebie/PW: 41/306 (13%) 1 non-IF/PW, 6 no-openers moved off. Much lower rate – IF newbies seem down.
Overall Total: 2885 – slight increase, again.
IF/PW subscribers remaining after a year: 1267/7831 (16%) Percentage just under norm. Note: I keep these more to see how IF/PW retention is moving. This week gives us a 2% retention, but that’s off with the low acquisition percentage – not usual. If IF/PW goes to Zero for several weeks, then that will predict cutting off that platform. First time I’ve looked at this.
Book Sales: Next sales analysis was Jan 15 for December sales. Overdue.
Fiction Books In Progress:
- Erotika Jones (series) -> Book Four
- Growing Up Felicity (series?) -> What Their Eyes See -> Book Five
- Two Ghost’s Salvation Book Two -> Book Three
- Wolfer’s Nation -> Book Three
- Ghost Hunters Anthology 10, New Voices Vol. 009
- Case of the Sand Dune Demise, Death and the Dreamcatcher
Non-Fiction Books In Progress:
- Think Rich and Grow Richer (in research)
- Breakthrough Copywriter (update)
Courses in Progress:
- “Strangest Secret” (now in beta),
- “Get Everything You Want Out of Life”, (now in beta)
- “If You Can Count to Four…” (now in beta),
- “Completely Change Your Life in 30 Seconds” – still in alpha.
- Gentling Cattle – pre-alpha
Work on habits is a bit tough. Getting physically tired, plus distracted by TV and current events doesn’t help forward work. Still, I did get into some work on updating my perennial podcast episodes.
Main point is to again, work from my slotted work to get things done.
No syndication on Saturday, as I spent time on the Saturday am political scene (which was too easy to ignore during the earlier week). Then caught up on editing this week’s Anthology into shape.
Two more of those to go. But I’m also itching to get some new fiction out. I’ve got a few movies to watch about archaeologists (Indiana Jones, Scorpion King, some others) as homework. “Gods of Egypt” was this last week’s new fare.
Worsening acquisition rate gives more impetus to researching syndication and Bookbub ads to Kobo – in order to improve subscriber inflow. Still, the relative lack of fall-off from freebie-seekers might mean my base is stabilizing…
Copywriting is still in the boil-down scene. Working over and updating Breakthrough Copywriter to boil down Breakthrough Advertising to something simple and more widely applicable. Which means going back and forth on it to sort out what still needs to be said and in what order. This book was written to
December Sales Report
Skipping this. The end of year report really covered all the data I needed. I’m better off devoting that time to simply getting more fiction, courses, and syndication done – getting these habits into place
Last week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails, re-queue podcasts – yup
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. – yup
- Wed-Fri: Copywriting course produced and online – yup
- Sat: Syndication to Wattpad, Medium. – nope
This week’s to-do’s:
- Sun: This analysis & emails, re-queue podcasts –
- Mon-Tues: New fiction book written and published. –
- Wed-Fri: Copywriting course produced and online –
- Sat: Syndication to Wattpad, Medium. –