Technology and Choice 02: Revenge Of the Social Media Zombies
Host John Ferguson interviews co-host Robert Worstell on his recent article, “Revenge Of the Social Media Zombies.
In this podcast, Robert explains the basic concepts which lead to that title.
Some points of interest:
- Why Facebook has a growing graveyard of users.
- Why the major social networks want you to pay to reach your own followers.
- Why you can’t see all your friends and family’s cat pictures (any more than 10% of them.)
- How advertising is actually killing social media.
- Why the social networks were set up to fail, financially.
- What turns a person into a zombie and why they fight it.
- How to simply use social media for your business or as a publisher.
- The five working platforms you can use.
Music for this episode: *SafeProject,* an original piece composed and performed by Nicholas Koteskey of Two Faced Heroes
Midwest Journal Press — selfhelpbook.midwestjournalpress.com/
Crossroads of Project SAFE — safecrossroads.net
Revenge of the Social Media Zombies article — https://livesensical.com/podcast/selling-books-online/revenge-social-media-zombies/
Facebook is a growing and unstoppable digital graveyard — http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160313-the-unstoppable-rise-of-the-facebook-dead
Facebook becoming lurkers – 66% report not posting in three months — http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/2015/11/content-creation-facebook-podcast/
Google allowing celebrities and businesses post directly to keywords — http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/2016/03/social-media-content-podcast/ –minute 8:30
Google evangelist Avniash Kaushik asks people to subscribe to his newsletter as Google is restricting organic content (http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/2016/03/social-media-content-podcast/–minute 29:13
IFTTT–If This Then That — ifttt.com/
Author-preneur on Flipboard — https://flipboard.com/@robertworst2015/author-preneur-55nhr5lqy