WHAT IS “GOING THE EXTRA MILE”?
Render more and better service than that for which you are paid, and sooner or later you will receive compound interest on compound interest from your investment.
For it is inevitable that every seed of useful service you sow will multiply itself and come back to you in overwhelming abundance.
If you will do this, you will be rewarded in several deﬁnite ways.
- You will sooner or later receive compensation far exceeding the actual value of the service you render.
- You will exhibit greater strength of character.
- You will ﬁnd it easier to maintain a positive mental attitude at all times.
- You will ﬁnd that there is a permanent market for your services.
- And you will experience the thrill of new and stronger convictions of courage and self-reliance, new surges of the self-starting power of personal initiative and an energizing inﬂux of vital enthusiasm.
Does this sound like a big order for one lesson to deliver? It is. But the power to be gained from the practice of going the extra mile can ﬁll this order and give you extra measure as well.