And I really should quit complaining about busy. Just because I cut down my time to half and then write a book three times longer than normal…
The Great Writing Business Challenge – Week 17 Results
Instafreebie/PW: 94/209 (Actual vs. Reported: 44%)
Overall Total: 3540 (Came up some…)
Published Words Fiction:
– free – Own Site: 0, Medium: 0, Wattpad: 0
– paid – Book Outlets: 17377, Medium: 0
Published Words Non-Fiction:
– free – Own Site: 1500, Else: 0 (Medium)
– paid – Book Outlets: 0, Medium: 0
- 0 (oops)
- The Girl Who Became Tomorrow (link coming soon…)
Books In Progress:
- Origin Tales: Mysti
- The Arrivals
Book sales this week:
Lulu sales for April: -1 ebooks, 250 paper/hardback (avg per week – 50 | avg. royalty – $3.30) only three fiction out of that. Next report 15 May – 2 fiction paperbacks sold (they’ve sent me a growing backlog of “quality” – read: picayune – issues.)
Note: Amazon Fiction – 9/37=24% – just below my usual 1/3rd of total sales (Amazon). Overall sales better, still need a lot of improvement. Long-term strategy is still the same.
New Podcast Episodes:
I got busy, OK? The fencing for two herds took a bit to get under control. Put in some semi-permanent posts so I don’t have to keep finding and poking little temporary ones in over and over. Two herds is because I keep our milk cow(s) and the bulls out away from the other cows while they’re having their calves and until it’s the right time for them to get “settled” for next year’s crop. Did I mention it was calving season?
Meanwhile, the book I was writing (on half the time I normally did) was nearly three times as long as normal. But the story was that involved, and the cliffhangers came when they did. Look, I’m just the writer, OK? The story tells me what it wants and I just make sure it comes out with the dull parts left out…
So it’s Wednesday night, and I don’t even have my emails written for the week – not all of them, anyhow.
Started joining more of the IF giveaways and these numbers have started going up again. Just. Doing the bare minimum on this, not organizing anything. 245 subscribers last month. Just shipped another 30 non-openers off. About 8 cents per subscriber. (Of course, IF says they shipped me 543 – probably ought to do an import and check… Nope, no change. Cheap, though.) Just slacking on this while I build up organic routes.
Back to it, then.
Last Week’s To-Do’s
- Emails out – blitz YUP
- New podcasts posted – blitz NOPE
- Fiction publishing backends – blitz NOPE
- Auction YUP
- Non-fiction backends – blitz (pilot study – print versions) One (and Amazon was a pain about it.)
- Weekend for new fiction and this report YUP
This Week’s To-Do’s
- Emails out – blitz
- New podcasts posted – blitz
- Fiction publishing backends – blitz
- Non-fiction backends – blitz (pilot study – print versions)
- Weekend for new fiction and this report
Also published on Medium.