The Great Writing Business Challenge – Week 07 Results
Three new non-fiction books published this week. Caught up in general. Letting IF/PW just go along. Lulu came in with a surprising sales of a $100 royalty off a single book (I sell like one a year of these.)
Overall Total: 4053
Published Words Fiction:
– free – Own Site: 5987, Medium: 0, Wattpad: 0
– paid – Book Outlets: 0, Medium: 0
Published Words Non-Fiction:
– free – Own Site: 1917, Else: 811 (Medum)
– paid – Book Outlets: 250938, Medium: 0
- The Writer’s Journey of John Earl Stark 02
- How I Survived My First Year of Fiction Writing
- This Fiction Business – (H. Bedford-Jones re-publish)
- Learning from the Pulp Masters
- The Strangest Secret Collection (private sales)
Books In Progress: 0
Book sales this week:
Draft2Digital – 1, Gumroad – 2, PublishDrive – 0, Amazon – 32, StreetLib –1 = Total Week’s Sales – 36
Lulu sales for December: 3 ebooks, 211 paper/hardback (avg per week – 53.5 | avg. royalty – $3.60). Next report 15 Mar…
Audio minutes published: 0
Audiobooks In Progress: 4 more (audio ready or in serious planning)
- Make Yourself Great Again
- Count to Four
- Becoming A Writer
- Freedom Is
- Get Your Self Scam Free
Published Courses (free – in beta):
New Podcast Episodes:
Played catch-up on my non-fiction books and wrestled another out of a single text file I had collated together. Two of these are exclusive to this site. My “How I Survived” is out in Beta, since I’ll be editing this as I go through the year. The Bedford-Jones is waiting for PublishDrive to do their manual review. Streetlib wouldn’t accept it somehow.
I’m behind on Amazon publishing a little. Catch up this week. The Saunders episodes.
There’s a lot coming in on Tues, when I do my scheduled coaching call. We’ve just about got this scene figured out about how to move my fiction readers over to my non-fiction – since my fiction is all parables.
And I’m about ready to start building my onboarding scene with a combination of ads and giveaways. First I’d really like to get my reader magnets in place.
Subscribers are still on a glass ceiling otherwise. I quit messing with IF/PW after I got all the giveaways to run through to the end of March. Once I pay in March, then I’ll cut them off and still have a couple of own-organized giveaways running through April – one goes into May. Then I’ll see if I can still get people as a verified organizer, on a free plan.
Lulu sales came in, and this is still my biggest income draw.
To jimmy this up, I need both more ads and subscribers. (inorganic/organic). To get more subscribers, I’ll need to run a combination of ads and giveaways (via StoryOrigins).
And I’ve seen that emails are simply another book to write each week.
Podcasts to the Future
Saw this building just as I laid it out. But it’s exciting to see. This JE Stark podcast is also reviewing my “How I Survived” book and is designed to be both an audiobook and course as well. Also a commentary on that book, chapter by chapter.
The Book Universes will have run a full year and have a set of duplicate episodes that will then run through the podcast itself for the next year.
The Classics You Should Know can be simply re-started by taking all these classics I have and simply record episodes for them.
As well, all this practice is getting me set up to do the Nightingale podcasts with another couple hundred episodes, that will push that book series more. As well, this will give me several individual books based on the collected podcast recordings. Again, audiobook building a way to get the print/ebooks out. And there is another set of recordings I have (poor quality) to transcribe and then self-record.
As that “Completely Change Your Life” is my continuing bestselling book, I need to back this up more.
And the trick is in prioritizing to make sure what I work on contributes. Classics, for instance, is more a demand from my own list, not through the book outlet sales so much.
This coming week will set priorities through that coaching call.
Emails will get into some sort of regular push for existing books – which are then put through Book Universes for fiction and either Classics You Should Know or build yet another podcast like Book Universes where I can tell about the cross-connections between these self-improvement books through book-review podcasts. Those can also be interesting articles to publish via own site/Medium.
- Reader Magnets in backs of all books, update these everywhere.
- Fiction to Wattpad, Medium.
- Podcasts with links
I still think my priority is to get these all revamped and syndicated before much else. (Re-)publishing paperbacks as needed. New design as needed. Interior improved as well. So – probably keeping myself in the several hundred pages range for months.
Classics will also be a point of how to help readers become writers. But just need to balance these out.
More than likely, I’ll do these books in order of best sales.
To-Do Last Week:
- Emails out. YUP (Late.)
- Last week’s books syndicated everywhere – along with Book Universes podcast posted. YUP
- New Saunders episode and ebook YUP
- Email coach call (Tues) and her homework. NOPE (Power failure on her Alaskan island.)
- Publish recent books to own site, Medium, Wattpad – free. YUP
- Syndicate-publish my two non-fiction books YUP – plus one
To-Do This Week:
- Emails out.
- Saunders episode and book. New Book Universes out – probably some pre-release upcoming or recent. (Might do two.)
- Get those podcasts registered with ITunes, Stitcher, Google, et al.
- Catch up on Amazon publishing.
- Coaching call and homework.
- Saunders and several other stories out as free fiction through Medium and Wattpad.
- Study up on audiobooks and see what will be needed to get these revamped.
- Time permitting, re-record Scam Free.