I JUST WANT TO TAKE a few moments and cover some things that have assisted me in acquiring things in my life.
I know that few people are aware of these basic fundamental laws that operate in this world of ours. Some people are aware of them; some people are not aware of them, but they are using them. And sometimes we wonder why certain things happen to us, we acquire certain things and then over a period of time it seems like we live in stagnation. Nothing happens; nothing takes place; everything seems to be at a standstill.
There are basic laws in this universe that we are governed by and will work for you if you know how to apply them. And I would like to cover a couple of these laws that will assist you in knowing why these things happen.
For an example, everybody is aware of the law of gravitation. Now, we don’t know how it works, but we know it works. It works for everybody. It doesn’t matter whether you are a saint or whether you are the opposite of a saint. If you jumped off a 20-story building and you are a saint and you land on a concrete sidewalk, you are going to be an unhealthy saint. If you happen to be a crook and you do the same thing, the same thing happens to you. So basically, it doesn’t matter if you are good or bad–if you use the law of gravity wrong you are going to suffer.
The law of electricity works for all of us. If we use it properly, we can light our homes by screwing a light bulb into a socket. If we stick our finger into it, then we get bit. You’re going to get burned. We can burn your house down with electricity or you can light your home with it. You can cook with it. You can use refrigeration–all the great things that electricity will do for us!
You do not have to be an electrical-minded person. You don’t have to be a genius to do it. A child three years old can push a button and turn the lights on. And one of the greatest electrical engineers in the world, all he can do when he pushes that button is that he can turn the lights on, too. So basically, it does not matter. It will work for you. We have laws to success.
We have laws of poverty. We have laws of lack, laws of prosperity. We have laws of hate. We have laws of love. We have laws of peace. All of these are basic laws. If we use them rightfully, wonderful things will happen to us. If we use them wrong, then we get ourselves in trouble.
Now, one of the things that has always bothered me, in all the books I’ve ever read on setting goals in life, positive thinking, positive goals in life–many of you have probably read some of the books–you follow these different steps, rules, laws, that if we set 10 goals we end up with 2. We lose out on 8. So it is not like the law of gravity seemingly, because it doesn’t work every time. And one of the reasons it does not work every time, is that we do not use the right law. We are using part of the law, and so the law of averages will give you a percentage of your goals. That is all.
You say, “Gee, wasn’t that great? It happened to me.” But whatever happened to all the other goals you had in life?
- There are basic laws in this universe that we are governed by and will work for you if you know how to apply them.
- All of these are basic laws. If we use them rightfully, wonderful things will happen to us. If we use them wrong, then we get ourselves in trouble.
- So it is not like the law… doesn’t work every time. And one of the reasons it does not work every time, is that we do not use the right law. We are using part of the law, and so the law of averages will give you a percentage of your goals.
- Consider for a moment the natural law of gravity. Have you seen people defy this law – or read or heard about this? Did they do it in fact, or was it temporary? Do you depend on this law to give you certainty in your own life?
- Are their any other natural laws you’ve observed to be infallible in your life?